Thursday, April 30, 2015

Farmgirl Jubilee Preparations

Today my daughter Kirsten and I started the fairy village in honor of the Farmgirl Jubilee.  We have had two fairy gardens from previous summers.  One made in a cracked birdbath top and one in a planter tray.  They both come inside for winters as Montana would not be kind to the small plants and the small fairy inhabitants of the gardens.  For this summer we are incorporating our smaller gardens into a larger flowerbed by the front door to better accommodate our growing fairy population.  Our fairies are so happy here that it seems they are always inviting more to come and stay.  This year we added some patio furniture and a new camper.  We have to wait a few more weeks to make the full shift to outside for the indoor plants and to buy some new plants to grow for our fairies.  We still have some hard frosts and one year it even snowed on May 7th.  It is hard not to start planting as the weather is so wonderful but I have made that mistake before so we will wait.

 
I also tried making my first key lime pie for the weekend.  I bought key lime juice and even made a meringue top.  The top fell quite a bit after cooling but hopefully it will taste good.  I also have planned a tea party for Saturday afternoon on the porch.  In honor of our tea party I sent tea to four farmgirls I have exchanged things with in the last year.  Below is a a picture of the pie before it fell.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!! That is just too cool!!!!!!! I just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete