Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Spring Cleaning

Last week the weather was great and cleaning out the gardens was the plan for the week.  The cold is back so the work has moved indoors.  I have cleaned and organized two thirds of the house now.  How nice it feels to have everything clean and put away.  I even found time to finish my scrapbook of my Egypt trip from 7 years ago.

My best new project was using the crockpot to cook the Easter ham.  It took around 6 hours for a 10 pound ham.  I put brown sugar, pineapple juice and pineapple tidbits in the crockpot with the ham and sat back and watched.  I did have to remove some of the liquid once in awhile but otherwise we had a wonderful ham that was very transportable.

I also made a new half apron for myself to help lug around garden tools and eggs when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment