Sunday, October 13, 2013

Furloughed isn't all that fun

Blogging and indoor activities took a back seat to fun this summer.  Gardening, camping, exploring, showing the girls are beautiful world were all more important.  Now going into week three of government shutdown I find myself becoming more domestic indoors.  Since we know my dear husband will get paid someday it isn't all that concerning but paying bills is a little less enjoyable.

When I first heard of the shutdown I started thinking what this would mean to our family.  What I have found is it means trying to spend a little less everywhere.  The grocery store has not seen me as often.  My once a week trip there has become every two weeks.  The luxury of buying bread seemed like a luxury so I am back to baking.  Milk and cheese definite musts but enjoying the fresh home canned food is too.  What started out as teasing my husband that I made more money the him now has gotten a little less funny for me.  Borrowing from the savings account to pay bills did that.

Overalls guess I am glad the shutdown is going on because it has helped me plunge back into saving with vigor rather than the easy going saving I was doing.  Mary Janes Farm is seeing a lot more of me this week.  I love my household cleaners I started last year but it looks like a floor cleaner may just get added to the mix and maybe a hand soap too.

No comments:

Post a Comment